Thursday 5 January 2017

42 things I did in 2016



1. Did couch to 5k
2. Read 3 books (poor effort)
3. Celebrated my Auntie Ann's 80th birthday
4. I tried to count how many YouTube Videos I had watched...but after counting 300 I gave up, it must be way over 1500
5. Enrolled on an MA in Creative Writing and withdrew after 1 month
6. Visited New York, Chicago, Nashville, Memphis, New Orleans and New Braunfels (Texas) on an incredible road trip
7. Bought my first ever lottery ticket...I didn't win anything
8. Moved to Brighton
9. Had 9 tattoos done by the wonderful Zoe
10. Went to Slam Dunk, Download and Reading Festival


11. Went to the European Youth Event at the European Parliament in Strasbourg
12. Started a new job
13. Went to Brighton Pride and Brighton Trans Pride
14. Met my cousin's that live in Arizona for the first time ever and went over to visit them in July
15. Watched a 90 year old woman do a vodka jelly shot
16. Had the same profile picture on facebook for the entire year
17. Commuted from Brighton to Chingford for 3 months
18. Saw The Front Bottoms twice
19. Went to a Friends: Season 8 quiz (did not win)
20. Won £100 on the premium bonds



21. Fell in love
22. Switched to a Vegan diet
23. Started writing poetry again after years of not
24. Written 4 reviews and recommendations for Eyes on the Screen
25. Spent an awful lot of money on salt and pepper grinders
26. Discovered the incredible vegan garlic bread from Aldi that is 34p
27. Visited Dearest Someone in Birmingham
28. Went to 2 wedding receptions
29. Carved Boo from Super Mario into a pumpkin
30. Tried espresso for the first time...nope


31. Posted 223 Instagram pictures
32. Dressed as a Jester for Halloween
33. Went on a Surprise Trip to Venice
34. Went to 2 Vegan Festivals
35. I briefly visited my friend Jon in Bournemouth
36. I watched 5 seasons of Buffy...for the first time ever
37. Watched the film Role Models 3 times in 1 week
38. Made a autumnal pom pom garland
39. Nailed making vegan mushroom milano
40. Written a diary entry for every day of 2016
41. Stayed Sober for 366 days
42. Wrote 24 blog posts

2016 was one of the most frustrating years of my life. I spent so much of 2016 not knowing what I should be doing or where I should be going, it was a year of watching things happen that I felt I couldn't change or have much impact on and I think it is certainly a year the world will never forget.
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. 43. Fired a weapon
    44. Met the MawMaw

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHH - yes indeed - I was going to write 100 because so much happened this year - I probably could have reached 100....I was feeling far too lazy!

    ReplyDelete

© Think Sophie

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig