Sunday 10 April 2016

Hockley Woods


For a second weekend in a a row I decided to get out of the house and go for a walk. This time I had the pleasure of being accompanied by my mum and my silly dog Lady. Lady is an all white English Bull Terrier/Staffordshire Bull Terrier cross. She is around 7/8 now (we have had her for 5 years) and so she is beginning to slow down with certain things...not eating, she still eats ridiculously quickly. Taking her on a weekend walk in the woods is always super fun, it is great exercise for us and the dog and I get to spend some time with my loved ones.



On an average day we will be lucky if we can drag Lady around the block for a little walk but if we usher her to a car she knows it is one of two things: we are going to the Vets or we are going somewhere mega exciting. Luckily this time it was somewhere exciting for her. I love seeing her happy. We pulled up at Hockley Woods and she jumped out of the car, instantly had her nose to the ground, sniffing and zigzagging across the path. Lady has this tenancy of looking like she is smiling, when really I know she is just getting tired: at least we know that the walk is actually doing some good and she will sleep really well tonight.




Hockley woods is such a great afternoon out for a family with or without a dog. After my mum and I thought all the excitement had been had, what with all the new smells, Lady took a liking to a little stream. We thought maybe she was thirsty (we had water and a portable bowl for her) but no, she just wanted to traipse around some thick mud. No matter how much I think my dog is an 'old dog' or an 'adult dog' she always goes and surprises us with something rather puppy-like. Dogs remind me of humans in that sense - we can try and kid ourselves that we are adults, but the childish in us always remains,


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Think Sophie

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig