Thursday 2 February 2017

Anxiety Diaries


I am in no way an expert when it come to Mental Health. I am not a doctor, I have not studied about it, but I have certainly become a lot more self aware over the past few years. I have learnt a lot about myself and those in my close friendship circles. I have been very lucky to be around people who, are supportive and understanding and to a certain degree, empathise or somewhat understand how I am feeling and have helped me discover ways for supporting my own mental health.

This is something I have been meaning to do for a while; a series of blogs that focus on my mental health, my anxiety(ies) to be exact. I have never been to the doctors about my mental health, I have never been 'diagnosed' as having anxiety and yet I am fully aware that I do. Anxiety is something I had been dealing with long before I knew there was a word for how I felt, or what was stopping me from doing certain things and feeling a particular way. There are certain topics, activities and just general life things that trigger my anxiety; all of which I will attempt to explain in this blog series.  Writing, for me, is a creative outlet, it is something that I enjoy and find cathartic. Writing certainly helps me to understand my thoughts in a much more logical and clearer way and so I thought writing about what triggers my anxiety would be beneficial for my own wellbeing as well as helping those around me to understand what I am feeling.

Anxiety is triggered in different people by different things and I am sure I will no doubt cover a number of these, but the content and the experiences in these blog posts is mine and mine alone. It will not reflect the exact journey or life of everyone that has anxiety and my own experiences and ways of dealing with my anxiety will not work for everyone. I hope that by writing this blog series I will learn more about myself and educate others about some of the ways that anxiety can affect your day to day life.



Today is also #TimeToTalk, a day dedicated to get people talking and to fight discrimination and stigma around mental health. Scrolling through Twitter always cheers me up on days like today, it is filled with so much support, advice and kind words. The internet can be a dangerous place when you are having a bad day, but there are online communities that can make those bad days a little more bearable.

Find out more about #TimeToTalk here.



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Think Sophie

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig