Saturday 23 April 2016

Cannon Hill Park




We were blessed with a sunny Sunday morning during my recent trip to Birmingham, and my bestie (who also has a brilliant blog 'Dearest Someone' focussing on mental health and wellbeing) new the perfect place to take me for a walk: Cannon Hill Park.

After having spent most of Saturday surrounded by tall buildings and hundreds of people shopping and rushing about (and that was only in the train station) it was refreshing to get back outside. The weather is slowly warming up (really slowly) but it stayed dry enough for me to capture the scene.





We were lucky enough to have gone for a walk in Cannon Hill Park just as there was a bulldog meet up (unfortunately I didn't manage to get and shots of this but believe me it was adorable) I had a cuddle with a little French Bulldog and my Sunday was really made.

The park was beautiful. There had been an overspill of water onto some of the path because a tree had been pulled from the ground during the recent Storm Katie, but it hadn't stopped anyone from enjoying the park. So many flowers and trees and a huge field that I imagine is full of picnic blankets come Summer time: It definitely looks like the perfect spot for one. People running, having lunch with friends and family, feeding the ducks and walking their dogs. It really is a family friendly park. We didn't even walk around all of the park so I imagine there are a lot more pictures to be taken and routes to be run.





This last picture is really just for Ella - she thought it was hilarious when she spotted this seagull pretending to be a duck...can you spot him?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Think Sophie

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig