Friday 29 April 2016

Kiwi Cupcakes


I always get too excited when I see a good deal on fruit, last weekend I bought far too many kiwis for one person to consume, so I decided to get creative. After chopping them up and putting them in my porridge, trying them in a smoothie and juicing them with carrots, apples and blueberries (which was actually pretty tasty but kiwi can be a very overpowering citrus flavour) I decided it was time to bake them.

To make 12 cupcakes

Ingredients
2 Kiwis
1 Egg
2 Cups of flour
1 Table Spoon of baking powder
1/2 Teaspoon of cinnamon
1/2 Teaspoon of salt
1/2 Cup of sugar
1 Tablespoon of vanilla extract
1/4 Cup of vegetable oil
1 Cup of almond milk


These kiwi cupcakes were not the best thing I had ever tasted but they were certainly interesting and enjoyable. Please excuse how oddly these are shaped - I seem to have misplaced my muffin tray and so I thought I would let the cupcake cases stand by themselves - but clearly that was a silly idea and I have ended up with some funny shaped cakes...all lessons learned.

Preheat your over to 180 degrees and lay out your  cupcake cases (preferably in a muffin tray). Sift the flour, salt, sugar, cinnamon and baking powder into a bowl and mix them all together. In a seperate bowl beat together the oil, vanilla extract, egg and almond milk. When they are combined slowly mix in the dry ingredients, when this done fold in the chopped kiwi. Fill your cupcake cases with your mixture and put them in the oven for around 25 minutes.

This basic cupcake mix (without the kiwi) was really tasty and I imagine pretty adaptable to other flavours - I might have another go with these and make some more: maybe chocolate and cherry or rum and raison (although I am not drinking this year so no rum and raison for me) or even a peach crumble style cupcake....oooo I am definitely making that last one!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Think Sophie

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig